Forum de Sylvère, guide de la baie du Mont-Saint-Michel http://sylvereguidelabaie.perso.sfr.fr

Discussions et échanges autour du Mt-St-Michel et de sa baie

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#1 01-11-2018 04:35:53

officialsbaseball
Membre

His health is most important

CLEVELAND (AP) — Trevor Bauer isn’t going to let a stress fracture in his right leg get in the way of throwing a baseball.Cleveland’s right-hander Luke Appling Jersey , one of the leading candidates for the AL Cy Young Award, will be out four to six weeks with the injury, but that’s not stopping him from keeping his arm in shape.Bauer played catch from his knees while wearing a walking boot with an athletic trainer Friday afternoon at Progressive Field, more than four hours before the Indians game against Baltimore.“It’s something I can do every day, something I plan on doing every day, because the overall stress is way less relative to what I’ve been experiencing the whole season,” Bauer said.The right-hander admitted he didn’t take the news very well when he learned he’ll be out for an extended period of time.“I was furious http://www.whitesoxfanproshop.com/authe … son-jersey ,” he said. “I’ve pretty much felt the same way since.”Indians manager Terry Francona gave the timetable for Bauer’s return Friday. Bauer believes he’ll return sooner.“We’ll find out,” he said. “You’re going to get a very different answer if you ask me that question and if you ask the medical staff that question, so probably should defer to doctors on that.”Bauer was hit by Jose Abreu’s liner Saturday against the Chicago White Sox. He experienced soreness and swelling, and an MRI revealed the injury Tuesday when he was placed on the 10-day disabled list.Cleveland holds a 12-game lead over Minnesota in the AL Central entering Friday. The right-hander is 12-6 with a 2.22 ERA in 25 starts. He’s third in ERA, second in innings pitched (166) and fourth in strikeouts (214) in the AL.Bauer could return during the regular season in mid-to-late September. Francona knows the pitcher’s arm will be ready.“I think in about 10 days he can throw standing, and then in another 10 days, it’s probably close to the mound work http://www.whitesoxfanproshop.com/authe … cio-jersey ,” Francona said. “My guess is his arm is going to feel pretty good.”Bauer believes some critics haven’t fully recognized the kind of season he’s had to date.“I’m sure there’s plenty of people out there that are happy about the fact that they get to ignore that I’m one of the best pitchers in the league for another year,” he said. “They don’t have to face that reality. …. But, they’ll have to deal with it at some point.” A look at what’s happening around the majors today:NO WORD YETThe Dodgers are still waiting for definitive word on how long closer Kenley Jansen might be out because of an irregular heartbeat. He was put on the 10-day disabled list Friday and manager Dave Roberts wasn’t sure if his absence would be 10 days or possibly even closer to a month — like it was when the right-hander went on the DL for the same thing seven years ago.“I’m hoping as soon as I can to get something, just for my peace of mind, the guys on the field — our peace of mind,” Roberts said. “His health is most important. Whatever they have to do, the doctors have to do http://www.whitesoxfanproshop.com/authe … len-jersey , to protect him.”The 30-year-old Jansen was tied for the NL lead with 32 saves. In his absence, Roberts will use a closer-by-committee approach.ARENADO AILINGThe Rockies will see how star third baseman Nolan Arenado is feeling, a day after his early exit during a 5-4 win over the Dodgers at Coors Field. The Gold Glover has been bothered by a sore shoulder for a week and tweaked it while turning a double play in the third inning. He was covering second base on a play that was scored 3-5-3.“After it, I had trouble throwing,” he said. “It hurt too much to let it fly after that.”HOW MANY?J.D. Martinez has become the first major leaguer this season to top the century mark in RBIs — the Boston bopper is at 101 after driving in two more Friday night at Baltimore.Martinez set a career high with 104 RBIs last year while playing for Detroit and Arizona. The AL East-leading Red Sox have 45 games left for him to keep piling up the total.SEATTLE SURGEAfter beating Astros aces Justin Verlander and Gerrit Cole on consecutive nights, the Seattle Mariners try to keep up their run at Minute Maid Park. Next, they’ll face Charlie Morton (12-2 Bill Melton Jersey , 2.81 ERA). Wade LeBlanc (6-2, 3.81) starts for Seattle, which trails Houston by six games in the AL West.DOING DAMAGERonald Guzman has been a one-man wrecking crew against the Yankees this season. The Texas rookie has hit six home runs in 15 at-bats vs. New York — and only six more in 263 at-bats against everyone else. The 23-year-old Guzman homered three times Friday night in the Bronx, making him the first rookie to hit three in a game against the Yankees.NICE STARTCedric Mullins became the first Baltimore player to get three hits in his major league debut, also scoring three runs and driving in a pair during a 19-12 loss Friday night to Boston. The 23-year-old Mullins doubled twice while batting ninth and playing center field.All-Star Adam Jones has played center field since his arrival at Camden Yards in 2008. But the 33-year-old will finish the season in right field as the last-place Orioles look to next season and beyond. “This is about the future going forward,” manager Buck Showalter said.KEEP TRYINGBlue Jays right-hander Sam Gaviglio is 0-4 in 13 starts since winning in late May at Philadelphia. He hopes to end that skid when he pitches at home against Tampa Bay.

Pied de page des forums

Créez Votre Propre Forum
Insérer vos Graphiques
Dictionnaires de Traduction
Hébergé par ForumCrea.com